Saturday, April 18, 2009

Puppets

It seems as if
Love is just out of my reach
My life is out of my own control
I'm like a puppet
Controlled by tainted hands
My skin is withered and dull
Imperfect
My head lolls
And as if for a joke someone pushed a pebble through my ear
To take the place of my brain
To say I am conceited and naive
There are tear trails on my face
Slowly eating me away
My heart is carved into my shoulder
My insides are filled with water
I constantly cry on the inside
I am nude
My hideousness shows to anyone who passes
I reach my mechanical arm out to love...
And it's just beyond my grasp
I beg for a life
My nose grows
Does that make my life a lie?
And if it does...
Why use someone like me in the Big Picture?
What evil plan am I a part of?
I read the script

I play the old beggar
In the production of life
The one no one believes
The puppet

No comments:

Post a Comment