Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Depths

Hell hath no fury like home
Where I am persecuted for who I am
And burned at the stake
Exiled from having an enjoyable life
Home is supposed to be your safe house
Your protection
Your happiness
I'm threatened by forces who want it their way
Who takes my life as their own
And tries to run it
According to their plans
I'm not good enough for anyone
I must change to be liked
To be wanted
To be loved
Without change I am shunned aside
Like stale food
Without change I am unpresentable
A scratch in the perfect world
A rain cloud in your clear blue sky
A mistake
A problem that must be eliminated
They put wind beneath my wings
To make me go away
And then shoot me down
Beat my corpse
For I am never left at ease
My soul goes towards that happy place
Towards the light
Only to be rejected once more
Sentenced to darkness
Sentenced to hell for an eternity
Where tormenting souls make fun
Because they have so many insecurities of their own
That nothing feels better
Than to put someone else down
To make themselves look good
When all it does is make them look childish
But we're all children here
The children of hell
But even here I suffer
The demons feast upon my pain
Sucking the life out of my lifelessness
But never being completely satisfied
They break me
Taking everything pure and whole
Reducing me to an infant
Weak and unknowing
Suffering from the cruelty of a lifeless life
Hell hath no fury like home
Hell is my home


No comments:

Post a Comment