Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dear Santa

I finished my list just a minute ago
And I only want one thing
But this wish isn't simple
And it's the only item you probably can't bring

For this wish is a person
That means a whole lot to me
And sometimes I even wish that
We could still be
But we're not
And it's okay
We're still sort of close
To this day
...I'd like you to try
Your very best
There are some ideas
I'd like to suggest
You can put him in a box
But I don't want him dead
You could put a bow
On top of his head
And put him beneath
Our Christmas tree
While I dream of his kisses
And him being close to me
I'll wake in the morning
To find him asleep
And I'll curl up next to him
And not make a peep
And when he awakes
He'll kiss my cheek
And I'll smile up at him
And tell him he's so sweet
As you can see
I've been thinking for a while
If I'd written everything down
It'd be a big pile
So please, Santa
Please give me my way
Let me spend time with my love
On Christmas Day

No comments:

Post a Comment