Saturday, April 18, 2009

Desire

Like a marauder at night
I stalk
To give and please
To take and corrupt
It burns like fire
Pretending not to want
But reaching forward
With an unseen hand

Sinking quickly
For the sand detains me
Pulling me closer
Though rough and unkind

The branch, my savior
Cooing a lullaby of reassurance
Though uncertain and unclear
Rock me, gently,
Though I'm afraid
I'll break you

Young and innocent
Is the cat
Standing at the mouth
Not knowing what's inside
Learn me, like me,
Though I'm afraid
I'll chase you away

The predator entices me
With its danger and beauty
Yet it sings for another
Who can't dance as well
Think of me, quietly,
Though I'm afraid
You'll fight me

Love me deep
Love me slowly
Pacify
Look from scratches
Just see inside

No comments:

Post a Comment