Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Forgotten

I'm falling
From what used to be pure happiness
To what I despise:
Complete sorrow
Love has become meaningless
Everything is losing its color
I'm beginning to see black and white
Life's greatest pleasures are getting fuzzy
Everything I hold close to me is slipping away
And it seems as if I can't get it back
Every touch
Every kiss
Every memory is sealed in plastic
And set ablaze
Burning slowly
A little at a time
My heart is starting to freeze
Time goes by so slowly and yet so fast
I lose track of the days of the week
But the clock is stuck on 11:59
I'm trying so hard to keep him
And somehow he slips between my fingers
Again and again
When I do grab hold
He slaps my hand
Pushing me back into the depths
Of the clear island waters
And as he floats away
He looks over his shoulder and says
"I won't forget you."
And as he walks ashore he yells back
"I haven't forgotten you."
And as teasr fill my eyes
And he explores new people and places
I whisper
"Forgotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment