Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy

I want to go on a joy ride
Feel the wind in my hair
Maybe get a little darker
Get a taste of fresh air
I want long walks on the beach
I want to play in the sand
I want to eat a cup of fries
While I listen to some bands
I want to taste the cotton clouds
I want to hold a shooting star
But if I ever look down
I won't get very far
I want to kick off my shoes
And dance outside in the rain
I don't need to hear the music
I keep it playing in my brain
I'll pick flowers in the meadow
I'll climb trees in the park
I'll build snow forts in the winter
I'll sneak in late after dark
I'll laugh 1000 laughs
And smile 10,000 smiles
I'll run from 10 blown kisses
And I'll skip 100 miles
I'll forever keep my happy
And forever more my youth
And if it ever gets away
I'll become the greatest super sleuth
Better than Sherlock
Even better than Nancy Drew
And when I get it back
I'll stick it with Elmer's glue

No comments:

Post a Comment