Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Tigress Speaks

I lay in bed
Trying to push away the things that fill my head
That hurt my gut, that throttle my chest
The words that say away from me is best
And the hole in my heart continues to spread
Almost as if you had said you wished I were dead
My hands are shaking, my vision unclear
You were something I held very dear
Together or not, I continued to care
I cursed myself; now I sink in despair
If only you knew what you mean to me
If only I could express all that’s hidden inside
Wish I could guarantee that your heart would be free
But it seems that everything I want is denied
I said I didn’t love you; I probably did
Something tells me it shouldn’t hurt this bad
That it should mean nothing; shouldn’t make me sad
That my ties are cut and I should be glad
But tears continue to fall from my eyes
Two nights in a row; gee what a surprise
Of course with big decisions come a big price
And if I could go back, I’d do the same thing twice
I have no regrets, though the outcome I hate
I’ve lost a great friend, someone whom I could relate
Someone who stuck by my side through thick and thin
Someone who knew me like some of my kin
Closer than that; someone I adored
Someone who could pierce through my skull like a sword
It seems like I always get rid of what’s good
If it was possible to fix what’s been done I would
But for now I see it’s useless to try
So I’ll step back with many tears and a sigh
And pray that I don’t ruin much more
I now say goodbye, with a kiss and a roar

No comments:

Post a Comment