Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Broken

So many pieces lying around
They stick to my skin; they cover the ground
Tape hasn’t helped; nor has glue
I had hoped that I could be fixed by you
It would seem I hold a lie within
My heart, it beats, to my chagrin
Though feel it does not, and when I take a guess
It proves to be nothing but future distress
I stress and obsess over what is to come
Because everything inside can only feel numb
Though I try my best to give all that I’ve got
So you do not see what I forgot:
That I do not know how to give my all
The knowledge is lost; I can recall
The first time that I “loved” another
It was also my last; I’ve “loved” no other
When I look back, I know it was fake
But it felt so real; I’ve made the mistake
Of wanting to feel that way again
Instead of searching for something sane
Instead of searching for something true;
Maybe I should have looked twice at you
I hope the next will bring success
I’m so afraid, I must confess,
That I will just be broke forever
And won’t survive this next endeavor
I pray that he will hold the key
The tape, the glue that will fix me
So I won’t be so lost in these difficult days
So I won’t walk alone in such a daze
So I can tell what’s wrong from right
So I can rest my head at night

No comments:

Post a Comment