Monday, October 26, 2009

Remorse

My head is screaming
Like the wind one Autumn night
There’s too much to say
So for now, I just write
You flutter through my mind
Like a songbird in flight
But you’re running from me
And it gives me such a fright
My heart pounds roughly
When thinking of our plight
It’s the closeness that I miss
It’s got me feeling so contrite
I wish to turn to you
When loneliness strikes
So in the back of my mind
I plan to fight
A good friend you were
And now pushed aside
From my own remorse
I try to hide
But it pushed and pulled
And broke my stride
And for the first time since then
I broke down and cried
Every effort
Has been crushed, like my pride
Every apology
Has been stomped on, denied

Though what can you say
To the girl who tried
Who would have stayed
Through the hellish ride
That you broke, and crushed,
And stomped on in turn
Whose heart you ripped out
And watched it burn
How do I stand here
Trying to force my concern
Why does the past repeat?
Oh! When will I learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment