Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Au Revoir

My fingers keep itching with every new revelation
The story keeps switching, it’s a bitter sensation
You’re changing my feelings to justify your own
I may not understand my heart, but I’m not made of stone
You speak as if I never really liked you at all
Of course that’s a lie; don’t make me feel so small
We felt the same at the start; just ended differently
I would change if I knew how, just so you won’t resent me
I’m sorry I couldn’t completely reciprocate
All that you felt for me; if only I could create
Some sort of remedy, so you can take a swig and finally be free
And maybe you can stand to take a look at me
And become the friend that you used to be
But I’m not magician, nor a sorceress
And I’ll end up with an ulcer if I add to the stress
So I tip my hat, and take my leave
I don’t have any more words up my sleeve
I bid you au revoir; I hope your days are sublime
Maybe we’ll meet again in another lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment