Saturday, June 20, 2009

Skoorb, Nella

Why are tears so hot
When they run down the face
Of the average different girl
When her life is thrown
Into catastrophic proportions.
It's almost funny
How the tables have turned
This time around.
In the beginning you were good,
Trying to be the reason
That I no longer cried;
In the end, you were the reason
That I couldn't stop.
My mind has grown cold,
But my heart still bleeds.
No amount of begging
Will let you back in.
Walk a mile in my shoes;
Know the pain that I've felt;
Feel the hole I don't fill.
Don't want, but need me back;
Not as your lover,
To feed your desires,
But as a friend,
To fight back the liars,
To support and defend
Through all that may come...
But you had your chance.
I choose not to give another.
Your words cut deeper
Than any blade could,
And I don't want your fake me out
Brand of Neosporin.

No comments:

Post a Comment